How to sync between PC and Tablet (EEE)?

[ 39274 View / 22 Reply ]

When I drag a file to the "MySyncFolder" on the PC, I cannot find the file in any corresponding folder on my EEE tablet, even though I have asus webstorage installed there. Basically, where is the "MySyncFolder" folder on my EEE tablet? I need a file moved to the sync folder on the PC to instantly appear in my tablet.

I can manually download the files onto the tablet by opening the ASUS Webstorage app, and then selecting the SPECIFIC files to download. However, that is not what I'm looking for. Rather, I need the files to be automatically downloaded onto the tablet without any further action once the files have bee uploaded from the PC. I also need files modified on the table to be automatically uploaded.

I'm having the same problem. I'm not able to access the web storage through mt EEE tablet. I keep getting the error message "Oops, communication error~ >>Base Helper."

I already have installed the asus webstorage on my PC.

I have a similar problem.  I have my PC Synced with asus webstorage but now I need to have my transform synced to that exact same directory on the asus webstorage.  Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a similar problem.  I have my PC Synced with asus webstorage but now I need to have my transform synced to that exact same directory on the asus webstorage.  Any advice would be appreciated.

So, is there any way to resolve our problem? I need automatic synchronization of data through asuswebstorage on my eee pad transformer as well as it's done on my PC too.

I would like to know where the actual syncing is? This application isn't syncing, it's a glorified web browser and download manager. I need my files Synced so I can access them while I'm NOT connected to a network. I've had this device for almost 4 months now and still can't recommend the EEE Pad to friends because of this simple feature that is missing.

I need the changes that i make in a file on my eee pad to apply to webstorage, the same way it happens, when I edit the file on my PC.

Loaded Asus Web Storage on my Galaxy S2 with ICS and the app doesn't open just crashes. Works fine on my Transformer Prime.
Are there any fixes?.

I would also like to see a local mysync folder on my transformer prime. Currently having to manually move individual files and folders to my tablet is not convenient. I would like the same auto sync functionality that is on my pc client.

HI lonelyisland!
Please tell your engineers to hurry up ;)
This is one of the essential features for a pad...
I am (think: we are) urgently waiting for this!
Best regards
Rotor

(TF101G / ICS)

Hi. Not too much a demanding customer but this feature is so important that I cannot belive it is not there. In fact, this is preciously the reason I bought 2 TF101 transformers.

I read the advertisement that 8GB to unlimited space is allowed on asus web-storage. When I read the ad,  I am thinking of synchronizing a folder automatically.

Now I learned this feature is not there. IN that case, I wouldn't have bought Transformer, and, if I buy transfromer anyway, I would only need 2GB, what is the use of 8GB if I cannot synchronize?

Consider this product is more than 1 year old, is there a time to guess when this feature is out?

I think the issus Asus enginneers have to overcome is limited space on mobile devices. what if you have 8Gb of data on your MysSyncFolder, and only 4Gb of free space on your tablet ? How will the software handle it ? Remember AWS is an Android app, not just a 16 Gb Asus eee pad transformer app. One could install it on a phone withe just a 1gb memory...

One would assume the Asus Devs would put in place a fail safe to stop filling up memory on an SD card, I'd also assume they'd stop you setting the webstorage sync folder to a phones internal memory otherwise the it would be fatal for the phone as it porbably wouldnt be able to operate for long.  The idea of the MySyncFolder is only for items you wish to sync to other devices, usage of the My Collection should be for long term storage of items you wish to pull down manually on the odd occasion.  Im surprised if the MySyncFolder doesnt auto sync though, thats the whole point of it isnt it !

Drop box sync pro does it for Dropbox