All my files are gone, please help!!

[ 35578 View / 19 Reply ]

On this way I want to ask you to help finding my lost items back. Today I noticed that all my very important files are lost and not in the Asusbackup folder anymore. Online also all the files are lost.

I’ve send my logs files with this email, so hopefully you can help me. After that we can look how this has happened. I’m absolutely sure that I’ve not deleted that files myself. All the photos of the last 20 years are in thajavascript:;t folder, also the baby photos of my children.

When I look in the log files, I see that yesterday 2012-01-15 20:47:26,311 the three most important folders are deleted. Hopefully AsusWebstorage have a backup of my data, because now I lost everything. The only few log items are:
2012-01-15 20:23:24,005 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - upload:\AsusWebStorage\Fotos\Rik\Zwangerschap\Kinderkamer\CIMG0847.JPG OK
2012-01-15 20:47:20,118 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - delete:\AsusWebStorage\Welcome to ASUS WebStorage.pdf OK
2012-01-15 20:47:20,803 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - delete:\AsusWebStorage\Welcome to ASUS WebStorage.pdf Fail
2012-01-15 20:47:20,984 [INFO ]  AsusWSService - EVENT delete event:\AsusWebStorage\Boeken
2012-01-15 20:47:21,666 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - delete:\AsusWebStorage\Boeken Fail
2012-01-15 20:47:24,746 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - delete:D:\AsusWebStorage\Ellen Fail
2012-01-15 20:47:26,311 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - delete:D:\AsusWebStorage\Fotos Fail
2012-01-15 20:47:35,239 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - delete:D:\AsusWebStorage\Zonne-Entree Fail
2012-01-15 20:47:35,680 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - SYNCINFO get mainSyncFolderID = 49483724
2012-01-15 20:47:35,685 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - SYNCINFO Scan a folder complete:D:\AsusWebStorage
2012-01-15 21:28:27,001 [INFO ]  AsusWSService - Power mode changed:Suspend
2012-01-15 21:28:27,002 [INFO ]  AsusWSService - Application exiting...

The logfile AWSService.Log gives me more scary errormessages that looked the program have deleted all my items by error. By example this rules:
-BulkProcess - ERROR getCurrentFileID: Invalid XML.
-2012-01-15 20:23:24,000 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - modify presentation ok
2012-01-15 20:26:07,768 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - SYNCINFO Scan a folder complete:\AsusWebStorage
2012-01-15 20:26:08,480 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - change sequence modified, need sync! MySyncFolder

after that all the delete rules comes in the log. Like this:
2012-01-15 20:47:20,986 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - deleteProcess start:\AsusWebStorage\Boeken
2012-01-15 20:47:20,986 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - delete a folder
2012-01-15 20:47:20,987 [INFO ]  BulkProcess - ERROR delete folder fail:\AsusWebStorage\Boeken OK

Dear lonelyisland,

I've received an answer from contact@asuswebstorage.com. Can you say having that case number is enough for now? Can I do anything to give it more priority?

Dear rualdordelman
Thank you for the detail information.
We will refer this issue to the related department.
Our product support team will contact you soon.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Best regards,
ASUS WebStorage Support Team
--------------------------------------------
Case Number:CS20120116039
Case Title:Asus webstorage lost all my files -> please help
Case Description:

Still heard nothing from AsusWebstorage.

Please contact me, like you promised in the last email to me.....

Dammm what a shit support, still heard nothing from AsusWebstorage. #FAIL

my files started disappearing too. They would be randomly moved to the trash on my computer after moving files from my HD to the webstorage folder.

Some were completely lost, some I could recover.

Seeing your experience with customer support, I would advise everyone to stop using this and save their files

To everybody being ripped off by this company, file disputes with your credit card companies or bank to at least get your money back ,also file a complain to attorney general or Better business bureau, attorney general would be the best . I bought a tablet the other day and this cloud stuff hasn't been working for me, I plan on taking my tablet back Monday.

this stuff
Dears
Customer service has received your letter. Please wait patiently. Thank you.

is just their way to get you to wait until its to late to file disputes or return items. Read the other forums if you want more proof

Dammm still no solution from AsusWebstorage. #FAIL The only they telling is that they will recover my files. Waiting for a month.......

Asus WebStorage is not only worthless, it is not worth the time nd effort to even test it. It is that bad. For anyone who reads this, and then goes ahead and wastes time and effort trying this horrible, miserable service, you have only yourself to blame.

WHAT'S THE SINGLE WORST THING THAT A COULD STORAGE SERVICE COULD DO OR HAVE HAPPEN?

A) DELETE ALL THE CUSTOMERS FILES

OR

B) IGNORE THE CUSTOMER AND DO LITTLE OR NOTHING TO HELP HIM OR HER AFTER DELETING SAID FILES

OR

C) SEND THE CUSTOMER A BADLY WORDED FORM LETTER, TELLING HIM TO BE QUIET AND WAIT

OR

D) DO THESE THING, AND AFTER ALMOST A MONTH, HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESOLUTION TO OFFER

E) ALL OF THE ABOVE

NO NEED TO GO LOOKING FOR THE ANSWER PAGE, I WILL GIVE THIS ONE TO YOU.

Everytime I remember that I have all this "Web Storage" going to waste, and start thinking: "Maybe they fixed the really horrific issues, and it's worth taking another look" all I have to do is visit this forum.. Holy Shit, this is WORSE, not better, and it seems to be degrading further, if such a thing is possible.

It's one thing to have poor design, implementation, interface, dependability, unusable features, lack of required features, and the list goes on, but to then back it up with absolutely worthless, unreliable,service is the kiss of death. If they know it''s a mess, and they certainly must know it by now, of not when the opened this sad excuse for cloud services, then the only way to redeem themselves would be to  support the customers until they can fix it. The only answer I can imagine is, they discovered how truly broken it is, and realized it's impossible to fix without pretty much starting over from scratch, so they are letting it dies a slow, miserable death. Worse, like many "international" wannabe companies, their internal communication is so piss poor, they actually have a group DEVELOPING for this, while the support is broken up and scattered to the 4 winds.

Just like with their hardware support, they have literally one hand completely unaware what the other hand is doing. You tell them something you were told by one division, and they know NOTHING about it. And if I see one more:

Dears

Customer service has received your letter. Please wait patiently. Thank you.

I mean COME ON!!! This "LonelyIsland" is evidently going to remain "Lonely" Who the hell wants to deal with a representative for Asus that cannot even add your NAME to the form letter response? I have worked in support for many years (too many, LOL) and if I sent even ONE lazy, half-assed response like that to a customer, my JOB would be up for review. Here, its the norm.

Here's the literal translation for the note that lonelyisland sent to the poor customer who had all his Fies deleted:

"We have received your complaint. We know you have a legitimate problem, we just have absolutely no clue what to do about it, so we are sending your case all around the company, asking each other what to do. Please wait patiently, endlessly, because most likely we will just drop the ball entirely at some point, since absolutely no one at Asus has any idea what to do about your problem. Thank you for contacting us. Please stop turning blue from holding your breath. Actually, KEEP holding your breath, because when you die, we can finally mark your case: RESOLVED!"

Are you saying you also lost the files on your PC too?

Please, I really need help.

I've been uploading about 30 gigs of photos in the last two weeks. At the beginning the service seemed to be working finely, but when I checked today morning the total amount of saved files in My Collection folder to my horror it only displayed 3 gigs of total occuppied space.

How could that happen?

Is there any way of having my files back?

Some refreshing on this: Now not even the last uploaded 3 gigs can be recovered. My account doesn't show a single file.

Hello,

Any news on my case?

I can't get over on the sad thought of never recovering my files.

Please, inform me on how much time will take to solve this. Is there a too long waiting line?

I'm in the same situation! your files are still deleting? My folders are duplicated and in my case I have already some files in there. why other people remain his files intact? Why this only happens to some users??? You received any response?

All of my files are not available in the tree, although, searching for a filename or folder does provide the content. Example - if you have "School Documents" folder with various files/.doc's in it and uploaded it to "My Documents" I'm sure that it looks like its there because the My Collection view is showing that "my Documents" is 24.3 MB in size. When you click on it, nothing is there; but if you were to search for "School Documents", I think that it will appear and become accessible to what files are stored within.

This is a major glitch.